Friday, March 07, 2008

My SWOT Analysis

Thanks to all of u all who took or are going to take up this tag…of doing ur SWOT Analysis. I agree it is a li’l exhausting left-brain activity that involves quite a bit of thinking! But it is helpful too right?

I am glad that I dint execute the tag and then request all of u to take it up..coz each of u handled it in a different way and that was nice. I can't promise this will be as interesting as some of the other SWOTs that I read.

Now I’m sure if I don’t do my SWOT I’ll be abandoned by u all..so here goes :

Strengths
->I am a Learner: I keep trying to pick up n learn new things/ways of doing things related to work, cooking, and life! New ideas & thoughts fascinate me and don’t scare me. I have no qualms to admitting my mistakes, saying sorry and changing or correcting myself. N this is believe will take me places
->I realize “Man Proposes, God Disposes” – Things don’t always happen according to plans. I am flexible. I know I’ll be able to work out a new solution. I believe everything happens for the Best! ->Extremely understanding and flexible hubby who is willing to move with me wherever my job requires me to move (Blv me that’s a lot of places @ a ridiculous frequency!!). He hasn’t complained or said a negative word about it once. (Makes me guiltier!)
->My people skills coz of which I build relationships easily and I have so many friends and acquaintances to reach out to when in need.
-> I choose my battles. I was not always like this.Life n time has taught me not to argue and fight about everything. But if there is sumthing I feel about and believe in strongly I'll fight for it.
->I never forget: If someone has been good to me, done something nice for me, I would never ever forget it n be forever thankful for it. The good deed is a clear picture in my mind.

Weaknesses
->During the process of learning I Doubt myself a lot. I am not confident that I can do it. I am always in Self-Doubt and need someone else to approve of me/my work/dish , to tell me I’m good.
->Oh well I know things don’t go as planned but for that moment and for the 1st few days I get completely stressed out. I whine & crib to people around me endlessly and end up having sleepless nights trying to convince myself that things will be alrite.
->I’m not a go-getter. I dream to be or do a 100 things , have no clue how to do these things and don’t make the effort to figure it out.
->I never Forget: If someone has let me down, wronged me, cheated or betrayed me..I forgive and genuinely n honestly continue to be their friends, but I never ever forget the mistake and the pain it caused me. The mistake is a clear picture in my mind.

Opportunities
->The company that I am with…Accenture. The options are many coz its global n big and a great brand-name.
->A decent financial balance. Touchwood, I have never had to worry about insufficient money. (Yeah, I am a sensible spender)
->My age.. I’m young and have plenty of time to do the things I want to. I started some of the things early in life and am glad about it!
->Life. I believe to be alive and have another day to do the things I want and say the things I want are a great opportunity. Just donno how long I’ll have this oppurtuity!

Threats
->Certain personal/ family requirements that have to be fulfilled
->The instability in my career. Changes happen way too often!
->Myself. I tend to develop a negative attitude and have self-destructive thots in the heat of the moment.
->Confusion regarding my work permit in this country. There are too many issues and confusions!

PS: I have no clue how i ended up wit more strengths ! Pls dont think of me as pompous.

25 comments:

Cosmic Joy said...

Nice post. Gives a good insight into the real shorty :) I know I am late in executing my tags .. but will get there eventually.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

youth really is an opportunity we all shud make d most of :)

Solitaire said...

More expressed strengths=more self-esteem=more confidence=more success!

Wish you the best!!

ceedy said...

interesting to read - ahem know about accenture people.....always on the move to move the world...

well self doubt is actually a strength according to me - as if means you are humble and ready to accept smg if it is wrong

if you dont do it - thats POMPOUS

Anonymous said...

IT.........pinch same 2 u..........u can understand mah plight, good u expanded this tag!!!!!

Sukanya said...

hey :)
i've done ur tag.. will comment on ur tag later..

Rho Tau GWIS said...

I don't think the 'never forgetting' part should be a weakness. You learn from those situations, and hopefully utilize that information for the next time around.

Pavi!!!! said...

@ Cosmic...OMG, u sound ditto like a v.good frend of mine in blr. Thats xactly wat he would have send abt "insight..real shorty" !Let me know if ur him!!!
n take ur time to execute the tags:-)

@ gunj : Thanks for visiting.

@ solitare : Thanks :-)

@Ceedy: know abt acenture..on the move to move the world.. Is that in a positive or negative sense. Either is okay, im just curious!

@Ashu..yes i can!:-) But i dont do anything technical i score -5 in technical stuff!
expanded mathlab?

@knatch : will visit ya.

@carolingal: hmmm, yeah.mabbe.

ceedy said...

simple - about accenture
if you are a single person - its a great job - travel places, meet people and get paid to do all that

but married I feel its tough (this is only from observing my close friend) - be away for days on end as kids and wife have to be at a place - school etc etc....alwyas on call and stressed...

(personally I just wonder if it is worth earning so much and living like this - but hey who am I to judge right - so have never expressed this)

ceedy said...

Off the topic
2 more restaurant gujju in NYC

http://www.vatanny.com/ (this is shut for reservation) they have all you can eat for $24.00 really need to go there hungry to enjoy)

meanwhile they have another branch
http://www.gaamny.com/ (havent been here)

Pavi!!!! said...

@ Ceedy : U seem to know the exact work culture of accenture. U are perfectly correct.So when i say i used to travel a lot on work, guess u wld have best understood wat i mean!

n rgdg if its worth it - Thanks for asking me the Q, u just gave me a good topic to write my next post on.

thnx for link of restaurants.Hopin to make it soon! we cldn't make it this wknd, coz i had sum1 over for dinner yesterday and vinod is travelling on work this week, so he left today :|

Neetal said...

You have been tagged :)

Keshi said...

Nicely done Pavi!


U hv some great strengths.


**->Certain personal/ family requirements that have to be fulfilled

why d u see em as a threat? Just asking :)


Keshi.

Sukanya said...

its good to know tht ur strengths out number ur weakness.. its not being pompus.. atleast no1 cn brain wash u into believin otherwise..

n yeah.. d -ve thots n self destructive thots r a royal threat with me too..(dey dnt make into my list :/

Mez said...

U work with Accenture in US..now thtz a WOW!

Neetal said...

Wow so many strengths ! Thats impressive !

rayshma said...

nicely done :)

ceedy said...

men and non hate tag executed

Pavi!!!! said...

@ neeku - thanks :-)will take up ur tag soon!

@Keshi - coz i dont like arguments n some of 'em mite lead to those. Thats about how much i can say on a public forum ;-)

@knatch - Thanks :-)

@Mez - Well, yeah :-)

@rayshma - thanks:-)

Mez said...

U a CA?

Cosmic Joy said...

I guess that is a compliment .. to be compared to your good friend. I am not him. But thanks for the thought :)

Pavi!!!! said...

@mez : CA- chartered Accountant? No wez! I hate numbers and i'm sure they hate me!

I'm into six-sigma, CMMI kinda stuff. Do process-Definiton and implementation.

Mez said...

U my kinds…I run away from numbers!

Ravindran Keshavan said...

excellent .. makes us all think!

Pavi!!!! said...

@ravindran: Thanks for visiting :-)