Solitare had posted this tag and I liked it so tagged myself .. Here I go..
1) Have you been on a date in the last month?
A. Does goin out with my hubby count as a date? If yes, then yup, went out yesterday:-)
2) What was your dream growing up?
A. I wanted to do something in the field of counseling/ psychology since I was in Class 8.
3) What talent do you wish you had?
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
5) Favorite vegetable?
6) What was the last book you read?
A. Thousand Splendid Suns
7) What zodiac sign are you?
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
9) Worst Habit?
A. Get worked up n stressed out easily
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
A. Yes, most definitely. But not sure if you would accept coz I’m on a Learner’s permit!
11) What is your favorite sport?
A. None, though recently I have started watching tennis.
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
A. Both, depending on the situation
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
A. Say “Wooow, Can’t believe we get to meet” n talk a zillion.
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
A. Everything turns out to be “For the Best” at some point in life!
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
A. I am so obsessed with shaping my nails. Do that at least once a week!
16) Do you have any pets?
A. No. Never will.
17) What if i showed up at your house unexpectedly?
A. Would invite you rite in, make place for you to sit and would run in so I could look/ present myself better.
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
A. My hair.
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
A. Crime Partner – Yes (I think we’ll have fun!)
Conscience – No
22) What color eyes do you have?
A. Dark Brown
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
A. None. I don’t drink aerated drinks.
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
A. Buy us a SUV
27) What's your favorite place to hang at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
A. Not Really. Though I say SHIT often!
31) Biggest pet peeve?
A. Spend way too much time on the internet
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
A. Talkative and Friendly (I know that’s not 1 word!)
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
A. Yes, feel it adds spice to life!
35) Do you believe in God?
A. Yes. Absolutely!
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
A. Your Choice, not gonna force you!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Docs… Life Savers?
I read a story on Ceedy’s blog (http://ceedyreflections.blogspot.com/) and its about a doc saving lives. The subject of the story made me write this post which has been on my mind for a while now.
At some point of time in one’s life, when a grandparent, sibling, parent, friend is saved a Doctor becomes as good as the God himself! One trusts the doc so much when the life of a near and dear one is dependent on him. If he manages to save a life, he is God in the human form! I’m sure its not an easy job! Reporting the right numbers to my client within a given time is stressful for me so I can imagine the kind of stress a doc would have when the Life and Death of a person is dependent on him!
So given all this, I believe we all should respect and be understanding of a doctor’s profession. I believe a Doctor’s job is one of the most rewarding and satisfying job.To bring new lives into existence and to renew dying lives must be gratifying!
I feel a Doctor should also respect his job. He should perform it truly and not take advantage of his position. He must comprehend the duty and responsibility his profession commands and the amount of trust placed on him.
Not very long back one of my doc friends, (A psychiatrist in CA) told me that a colleague of his was fired for misbehavior. His colleague had been taking physical advantage of the mentally ill patients visiting him.
Now, this is extremely disturbing to me. It’s not the first time I’m hearing about this kind of an incident. I’ve heard it many times and seen news on TV about it and read about it, but this kind of news never fail to shock me!
On the Dateline program I saw an episode where an American doctor (pediatrician) practicing in another country physically abusing little girls and boys who came in as his patients. The extent of physical abuse is hard to explain in words without being too explicit. And how screwed up is the law, all they could do is revoke his license, the law doesn’t permit them to arrest him ‘coz he was practicing in another country!
I have heard of gynecologists feeling the women (their patients) in all the wrong places.
We all have heard of doctors who steal organs from patients and make money of it.
When I think thru some of these cases I began to feel “Capital Punishment” is not such a bad idea after all!
Careless doctors are another story. My mom’s colleague’s right leg was operated upon instead of the left leg. The Anesthesia wears off before the operation is over. (There was a movie “Awake”, on this recently). Incorrect medicines are prescribed. Over-dosage of medicine kills the patient. (Read about an over-dosage killing a 1 yr old about a month back)
Yes the doctors invest plenty of time and money into their studies, but if all that one wants to do is make money, then the medical profession is not well-suited for them! There is a code of ethics in every job and it must be followed to some decent extent!
PS: Such specimens do not take away the respect I have for doctors who perform their job honestly, The True Life Savers!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
High on Life
This post is inspired by Bindu's post on "Her favourite Things" and Solitare, who has tagged me to list "51 Things that make me Smile" ...The post has to be up by Feb 14th is wat the tag rules say!51 things, thats quite some challenge!But I'm upto it and am working on it... Thanks Solitare.. the 2nd time around :-) The title of this post is High on Life coz I'm thinking of fav things, things that make me smile, the small joys of Life...n once u start thinking therez just no way one can remain sad. Your forced to smile and get High on Life!!
Until 20 it wasnt too bad and then it got hard....n when i was doing the last 10 or so, I suddenly had so many more things...n so had to combine a few points!Yayeee...i'm finallllly done !
Good Luck to all of u all reading it, hope u read this until the end!
1. The rainbow
2. Goin thru’ cards received in the past.
3. Goin thru’ photographs which bring back the ol’ times
4. Stayin up all thru’ the nite n talking endlessly with my fav bunch of girlfriends
5. My “Happpy Budday!”
6. Cards that have meaningful words and the words are meant truly!
7. Gifts n if its a surprise Gift…bigger smile
8. Chaat..pani puri, sev puri , samosa-chat all of ‘em….yuuuum!
9. Junk food –lays, French fries, veg puff, samosa
Touchwood..I wonder how I’ve been consistent between 40 and 42 kgs for the last 6 yrs or more!
10. Hugs n kisses – loads of ‘em
11. Catchin up with long lost friends after ages!
12. Board Games nite and of course winning ‘em makes it better!
13. Watchin the sit-com Friends or stand-up comedy shows with a close bunch of friends thru’ the nite..
14. An afternoon of great movies, chips/popcorn, good company n rain outside
15. Nite-outs n Memories of the “Sloshed times” hic..hic
16. Genuine Compliments
17. Comments on my blog
18. Long walks
19. Feeling Beautiful
20. Saturday mornings – which are dedicated to chatting with mom n dad
21. Mavs meet at Coffee Day every Saturday evening (while in India)
22. The thot of returning home - Bangalore
23. Long Drives
With some amazing music playing in the car or jus the wind if its a bike
25. Road Trips
The longest has been from Montpelier, VT to Niagra Falls, NY/Canada to Toronto to Baltimore, MD and back to Montpelier,VT. Think it was 4 or 5 days trip! Hope there are longer ones in store!
26. A Break from the Routine
It helps retain the faith n to continue to hope
29. A good Bargain
Malls are okay for window-shopping but the joy of shopping on Mumbai or Delhi streets is unbeatable!
30. Good (pleasant) weather
31. My collection of junk jewelry
33. Lighting Candles- signifying spreading peace n love.
Finding this one hard to explain, but I hope you guys get wat I’m talking about. That’s how I brought in the New Year this year, n it was a brilliant feeling!
34. Diwali – Diyas, lights, mithai, and not to forget new clothes
35. Seeing and holding a new born
36. A good pep talk – receiving and giving
37. Being told I’m worth it!
38. A bonus (pay-wise)
39. A hard day’s (or week’s!!) work of cleaning up home and looking at the accomplished job with pride!
40. Playing “Agony Aunt” successfully!
41. Thinking about the “times together” before marriage. The Dating Days are some of the best times!
42. Mehndi and the design & color after - on my hands n legs
43. The fact that so many people care for me!
44. Favorite people :
The Hubby – Vinod!
Family- nanaji, nani, ma, pa n Sums
Rishab (sister’s li’l boy)
Friends – Div n the rest
45. Writing/ receiving long never-ending emails/ letters
46. Reading books
The ones that make u cry n laugh n feel with ‘em.
47. Raw mangoes, with salt n chilly powder on ‘em.. (Mouth-watering!)
48. A day at my regular beauty parlor in Bangalore
Aunty would pamper us with manicure, pedicure, a clean-up, massage, some gossip, jokes and plenty of warm talk!- ohhh I so miss it!
49. Visit to the cup-vision lady with Div
oh this one is hilarious, may be I should write a blog on it!
50. The smile on kids’ faces in a charity home/school for the poor when u give them a 50 paise toffee and all of ‘em screaming at once “Thank You akka” .
51. The feeling of Having Done it all and Said it all… (That’s the feeling I want to end my life with!)
Anyone can feel free to tag 'emselves n all those who are "not feelin so good" , must do this tag!
Smilin me :-)
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Today evening I was at the Mandir and suddenly this old "aunty" looks at me and says "Are you married?You look so young" A li'l surprised to be questioned randomly by a stranger I said "Yes". Guess she figured from my Mangalsutra. Next Q "What's ur age"..I'm embarassed but don't know how to tell a lady as old as my grandmother "Mind ur own business", so i tell her my age.Then she proceeds to say/scream "Its hard to believe ur "x" yrs old or that ur married. U look 18 or 19.Your so small." I'm confused about whether I should feel complimented or insulted!
At this point I want to flee but just take one step backward. she continues to question me... talking and laughing so loud, I felt all the people in the temple were looking at us .
"Is the guy who was with u ur husband? " I say a meek "Yes ". She says "You both look like kids.so young.How long have u been married for?" I say "Over a year" and can't take it anymore, I start walking away..As a parting shot she screams at me "Have a baby soon" !!!!
I was furious and embarassed as people around me gave me sympathetic looks ,wicked smiles and uncontrollable giggles!!!
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Love Vs Like !
Most of u would have heard this from me before .. "I think Love is overrated".. its used so much that now its become hard to u'stand when it is said genuinely, in the true sense.
I remember a friend once said "I love my mom" n I remember I said "Well, I LIKE mom ,n that for me is far beyond love". Its just my opinion!
Today I was reading a book at Barnes n Nobles n it said "It is not Love that makes Relationships, It is Like" ! Yayyye.. finally sumone understands what I mean!
Sunday, February 03, 2008
From Jan 21st to Jan 31st.... I could have easily been one of the happiest people on planet earth. Sumthing I was waiting n praying n hoping for had happened, or atleast it felt like it had happened. Vinod n I translated our dreams into plans...n was almost going to start executing it n then boooom...jan 31st n they all got crushed.. I was back to Square One... facing the same Qs, same confusions, same problems...it was never-ending !!!
I ask of God... Why Me? Why the same problem for so many days...almost a year! ? Why raise hopes n make us happy n hopeful for a brief 10 days?
It wasn't fair....nothing was...There is a battle goin on inside my head......
One half is trying to convince me "All That Happens is for the best!" . "Leave it to God, He'll take care", "Count ur blessings, ur a lucky child", " U know u have committed some mistakes"
The other half says "All thats been happening with u, has definetly not been for the best" "The problem cld have continued,why did he have to make it look like things were good for 10 days?" "U have seen luckier people. Ur not being dealt with in a fair manner" , "Everyone makes mistakes, u realized n asked for forgiveness"
The second half won... I feel God is having the last laugh! I'm not about to lose...I'm gonna fight..for a change, alone and not with God by my side!
PS : In a weird state of mind, I hope I don't regret this post!