Thursday, February 07, 2008

Love Vs Like !

Most of u would have heard this from me before .. "I think Love is overrated".. its used so much that now its become hard to u'stand when it is said genuinely, in the true sense.

I remember a friend once said "I love my mom" n I remember I said "Well, I LIKE mom ,n that for me is far beyond love". Its just my opinion!

Today I was reading a book at Barnes n Nobles n it said "It is not Love that makes Relationships, It is Like" ! Yayyye.. finally sumone understands what I mean!

8 comments:

Rho Tau GWIS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rho Tau GWIS said...

I think 'like' and 'love' are such subjective terms!

Pavi!!!! said...

@ Carolingal - Yes they are very subjective times.. they cant be quantified...

Solitaire said...

I still have a hard time figuring out if I love someone or like someone.

Anonymous said...

love with a boy if u a girl or vice versa sucks!!!! my opinion....liking is quite diff from love, it may be or may not be similar to love...

to love somebidy u got to like him/her first !!!!!!!!

Pavi!!!! said...

@ solitare - i'm not sure I can explain the differnce in words...but my thot is that Like is a superior, deeper feeling than love!

@Ashu - I think u gotta love someone before u can like them!

rayshma said...

finally... someone else who agrees that love is overrated. i also think it's a much used & abused word and emotion!

Unknown said...

yayy..my 2nd comment pav (u hv no clue hw excited i am ;) ). But getting back to your blog, I think u cant'love' someone if you dont 'like' him/her and not necessarily vice-versa.There is a diffrenece b.w the two but yes,i think the word is over-used because most of d time it is used2 describe a romantic relationship.. b.w gf-bf or husband-wife which is sad...it goes beyond that..