Tuesday, February 12, 2008

High on Life

This post is inspired by Bindu's post on "Her favourite Things" and Solitare, who has tagged me to list "51 Things that make me Smile" ...The post has to be up by Feb 14th is wat the tag rules say!51 things, thats quite some challenge!But I'm upto it and am working on it... Thanks Solitare.. the 2nd time around :-) The title of this post is High on Life coz I'm thinking of fav things, things that make me smile, the small joys of Life...n once u start thinking therez just no way one can remain sad. Your forced to smile and get High on Life!!

Until 20 it wasnt too bad and then it got hard....n when i was doing the last 10 or so, I suddenly had so many more things...n so had to combine a few points!Yayeee...i'm finallllly done !

Good Luck to all of u all reading it, hope u read this until the end!

1. The rainbow
2. Goin thru’ cards received in the past.
3. Goin thru’ photographs which bring back the ol’ times
4. Stayin up all thru’ the nite n talking endlessly with my fav bunch of girlfriends
5. My “Happpy Budday!”
6. Cards that have meaningful words and the words are meant truly!
7. Gifts n if its a surprise Gift…bigger smile
8. Chaat..pani puri, sev puri , samosa-chat all of ‘em….yuuuum!
9. Junk food –lays, French fries, veg puff, samosa
Touchwood..I wonder how I’ve been consistent between 40 and 42 kgs for the last 6 yrs or more!
10. Hugs n kisses – loads of ‘em
11. Catchin up with long lost friends after ages!
12. Board Games nite and of course winning ‘em makes it better!
13. Watchin the sit-com Friends or stand-up comedy shows with a close bunch of friends thru’ the nite..
14. An afternoon of great movies, chips/popcorn, good company n rain outside
15. Nite-outs n Memories of the “Sloshed times” hic..hic
16. Genuine Compliments
17. Comments on my blog
18. Long walks
19. Feeling Beautiful
20. Saturday mornings – which are dedicated to chatting with mom n dad
21. Mavs meet at Coffee Day every Saturday evening (while in India)
22. The thot of returning home - Bangalore
23. Long Drives
With some amazing music playing in the car or jus the wind if its a bike
24. Vacations
25. Road Trips
The longest has been from Montpelier, VT to Niagra Falls, NY/Canada to Toronto to Baltimore, MD and back to Montpelier,VT. Think it was 4 or 5 days trip! Hope there are longer ones in store!
26. A Break from the Routine
27. Dancing
28. Prayers
It helps retain the faith n to continue to hope
29. A good Bargain
Malls are okay for window-shopping but the joy of shopping on Mumbai or Delhi streets is unbeatable!
30. Good (pleasant) weather
31. My collection of junk jewelry
32. Chocolates
Especially 5-star!!
33. Lighting Candles- signifying spreading peace n love.
Finding this one hard to explain, but I hope you guys get wat I’m talking about. That’s how I brought in the New Year this year, n it was a brilliant feeling!
34. Diwali – Diyas, lights, mithai, and not to forget new clothes
35. Seeing and holding a new born
36. A good pep talk – receiving and giving
37. Being told I’m worth it!
38. A bonus (pay-wise)
39. A hard day’s (or week’s!!) work of cleaning up home and looking at the accomplished job with pride!
40. Playing “Agony Aunt” successfully!
41. Thinking about the “times together” before marriage. The Dating Days are some of the best times!
42. Mehndi and the design & color after - on my hands n legs
43. The fact that so many people care for me!
44. Favorite people :
The Hubby – Vinod!
Family- nanaji, nani, ma, pa n Sums
Rishab (sister’s li’l boy)
Friends – Div n the rest

45. Writing/ receiving long never-ending emails/ letters
46. Reading books
The ones that make u cry n laugh n feel with ‘em.
47. Raw mangoes, with salt n chilly powder on ‘em.. (Mouth-watering!)
48. A day at my regular beauty parlor in Bangalore
Aunty would pamper us with manicure, pedicure, a clean-up, massage, some gossip, jokes and plenty of warm talk!- ohhh I so miss it!
49. Visit to the cup-vision lady with Div
oh this one is hilarious, may be I should write a blog on it!
50. The smile on kids’ faces in a charity home/school for the poor when u give them a 50 paise toffee and all of ‘em screaming at once “Thank You akka” .
51. The feeling of Having Done it all and Said it all… (That’s the feeling I want to end my life with!)

Anyone can feel free to tag 'emselves n all those who are "not feelin so good" , must do this tag!

Smilin me :-)

12 comments:

Solitaire said...

You have done great justice to this tag!! Awesome job!
I like the smell of mehendi too apart from the color and design.
And 40-42 kgs!! WHAT? I feel like I am a hippo next to you!

Neetal said...

@ Pavi : When I tagged Solitaire ... I thought many people will just get scared... but it turned out great...You did awesome job inspiring other bloggers =)

Great, now next year I will increase it to 100 reason.. (just kidding) ... but enjoyed your reasons to smile =)

@ Solitaire: Thank you! Thank you! now I know whom to tag ;)

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Seriously...you just weigh 40-42 kgs?????
I don't think I have EVER weighed so little!!! Gosh, you've given me fat complex now :(

Anonymous said...

great one :) i njoyed it

Pavi!!!! said...

@ solitare - thanks:-) n oh yeah, the smell of mehndi is gr8 too!

@ solitare & carolingal - I'm small..height n weight wise! During my under-grad i was 38-39 kgs!
Before marriage my mom invested in a 1000 RS slipper, wearing which i was suppose to have grown taller, but of crse, Hard Luck!
n now all the elders keep tellin me "gain weight or its goin to be impossible to have a baby!" But i just gain fat :-(

It should be me having a complex!It used to trouble me as a kid..But now i cant imagine a taller/heavier pavi!Happy the way I am :-)

Pavi!!!! said...

@ Neetal - Thanks for visiting my blog. This was a gr8 idea and the timing couldn't have better for me!

100 reasons.. hmm err..i have selective hearing problem ;-)

Pavi!!!! said...

@ Ashu - Thanks! n You should take up this one, it would be perfect... cmmon i tag u!

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Of course you should be happy the way you are!!! I would be thrilled if I were your size. And that talk about not being able to have a baby if you are that small is a bunch of B.S!!
You can have a baby no matter what size you are. Don't listen to these stupid aunties!!

Cosmic Joy said...

Thats a long but interesting list! Kudos to you to have the patience to think and pen it all down :) I would not be able to do this!

rayshma said...

i love reading this tag...:)
u're seriously 40-42 kgs! now, i envy u! :)

Pavi!!!! said...

@ Rayshma.. Thanks n feel free to tag urself!Its a fun-exercise. Trust me!

rayshma said...

oh, i've done this one... and, i love tags! trust me, if i read one that i haven't done yet... i usually end up doing it before i can comment! :D