Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello and All that’s Happening…

Now that’s the subject with which a dear friend and I exchange emails…Seeing an email with that subject perks me up…
[Silly boy…he hasnt yet replied to my email!]

So ..how have u guys been?Been Good?Atleast sometimes?

Okay we are done with the Hellos…let me move on to the happening bit…Well in the past months..so much has happened n then nothing really happened…

Well there was my B’day…n I had a nice one. The hubby with some friends threw me a surprise B’day party and I got loads n loads of gifts… do u mind if I list them?Don’t think u shld…these will be ideas when its ur turn to gift..
Money (from mom-dad, nanaji) – thank God somethings never change :)
A fossil watch (its so big n sexy..the kind monica wears in Friends..the kind I’ve alwez wanted!!) + other random things (that I cant list) from the hubby
A NY&Co. party (small) bag + an awesome junky chain + maybelline lipstick + card.. from the “forever friend”
A poem written by the afore mentioned dear friend... Harish
A 1 year subscription to Reader’s Digest from the friend with who I HAVE to communicate every single day of life.
Pretty tops n kurtis n jewellery.. from the bestest sis in the whole wide world
“The White Tiger” from who I think can be the world’s bestest cook!
A B.I.G white bag + a bouquet of tulips + a box of brownies(makes me crave for more YET!) + card from a friend at work
Chocolates + a surprise team lunch from the manager
karthik's wishes from the blogworld who remembered from last year that it was my b'day!
N plenty of phone calls n emails n ecards n orkut n FB scraps…

Oh thank u all for making my day so special. Its these things that makes growing old kinda worth it!

So ya ..like every year..this year too the day after the b’day was very sad…coz then when it sinks in that u’ve grown older but therz no gifts n well-wishes to compensate for the news! N ya if u havent guessed by now I LOVE BIG…..big cars,bags, ear-rings, rings, watches…’et all !

N then came the knee surgery from which I’m yet recovering…therez been a lot of drama happening over the knee for the last year n then it went to its peak over the last 2-3 mths… but now that I have got the surgery done and am “In Recovery” I can talk about it w/o panicking too much. I cant even begin to xplain the problem…’coz even the docs don’t know wat it is completely n the reason or cure hasn’t been discovered..but the wiki says only 1 in a million people get the problem. So ya..im unique n it mite pay to know me!!

The surgery has led me to discover wat a wonderful care-taker the hubby can be. That he is indeed capable of taking control and managing the home. Tho he did say that the 1st week after surgery ,when I was on anesthisia n pain killers , which had opium in it..was the most entertaining week of his married life! He says it’s better than me getting drunk! Sigh!

1 week after surgery was our Wedding Anniversary! Ya wrong timing no?!?! but it was a nice one.. The 1st time I got out of the house after the surgery….we saw The Hangover (OMG! such a laughing riot!!) and had dinner outside..n plenty of gifts again. [Don’t panic! Relax! I’m not listing these!] We have been married for 3 years…can’t believe it! Time flies! Feels like yester when I was the “MAD” [not SHY] bride running around doing the wedding shopping!

PS: I think the trick to having good celebrations..is expecting things to go bad or simply not expecting anything at all..then automatically it becomes a wonderful day..atleast most times.

This year, I’ve mostly been content with life. Touchwood. Somethings are amiss…but I don’t find a reason to crib about it night n day. Things could be worse. I really want to soak up life n live it up ! I think I have finally grown up.

N then I saw this program ‘View’ on TV…in which they said that one of the signs of immaturity is to worry about having shaved ur legs while visiting the doc. Well..I do VERY much worry about it! n I worry more when the doc is young and/or cute! So ya back to Square one…age is just a number and doesn’t say anything about growing up!

16 comments:

rayshma said...

well.... i ALSO worry abt silly things like legs being waxed ESP if doc's cute! and trust me, it's important that you do!
it's one thing that keeps you ticking! :)

other than that... hope the year(s) only get better from here! :)

Shruti said...

aww u'r such a cute kiddie :*
:)
gifts galore for the bday gal hmmm? :)
yaar.. itna khatarnaak knee problem u had?
and hey.. where r ur opium tales? we want em we want em!!

Shruti said...

see I told u na.. I'm spying on u.. ;) at this time of the night :D

Preethi said...

hey I worry about my legs being shaved too.. and not just at the doc's.. anywhere there are gonna be cute guys around ;) Hey whats this with the knee surgery? Hope you are doing ok now!

Pavi!!!! said...

@Ray Ray : Dankee:)
n ya..now i cant even shave coz of the "healing" n i have a doc appt in 2 weeks..boo:( such is my life!

@shruti: aha!thanks!ya gifts are teh best thing no???
HAD?HAVE?thts the million$ Q!
opium tales..they are absurd re!

Pavi!!!! said...

@shruti: gurl u got the superpower of not needing any sleep kya?
BTW..prob aint khatarnak as such(touchwood!)..it just may not be curable.

@preeti.. read my response to RayRay..n ya i got my fingers n toes crossed abt "being okay" too! Don't mind u doing the same:)

Jack said...

Pavi,

Belated Many Many Happy Returns of the Day. May God bless you with a Happy, Funful, Joyful, Successful and Peaceful Life. What date is it?

Now to Both of YOU : May God Bless YOU BOTH with a very very Happy, Successful, Peaceful, Joyful and Funful married life. Aganin date, please?

How is your knee now? Please stop streching your leg to kick someone so much ( you know who? ). LOL

Take care

Cosmic Joy said...

Belated Birthday Wishes!!!! I am glad you had a great time. And I never did realize about yout knee. This is what happens when i dont drop by the blog regularly :( Hope things are much better now.

broca's area said...

omg..so many gifts!!..tht too a fossil watch!!..am J here!

belated wishes:)

p.s-in case u come to me plz tc of ur legs!!:D...

gypsy said...

wowww...

so many gifts... ahaa...i had mine too but my list wud be a lot lesser..sigh

yanyways.... tc

cm chap said...

Hey Pavi... Missed it.... Belated Happy Birthday & belated Wedding Anniversay wishes. Ah seems like someone got soaked in gifts :) Enjoy Maadi...

Hope your Knee is getting OK... Keep us informed.

Meira said...

gee...happy happy birthday :) and congratulations on the third anni.
we want pics of the watch :D (psst psst..even I got a magnificent watch on my bday :D)
And get well sooooooon.

Satish Bolla said...

pavi, good to learn that u r content with life. people try hard to do so but fail many times.

OMG, u had such a biggggg list of gifts. my poor friends don't even remember my b'day. i've to call then n remind every year. but frnds r always sweet, no matter they wish u or not.

enjoy n get well soon

Pavi!!!! said...

@jack : thank u for ur wishes! n why does everyone think ive been kicking sumone?
B'day is on 5th may and the weddin anniv on june 14th :)Now i will expect u to wish next year ;)

@cosmic:thanks..n this is the 1st time im bloggin abt it..tho ur welcome to visit more often:)

Pavi!!!! said...

@Broca: thanks..ya goin by the display pic..i knew u had a thing for watches! n i thot in case i came to u,, YOU would take care of my leg..isnt that wat docs do?

@dgypsy: thanks..hehe now u know why my world is so pretty;)

@cmchap: thanks..n knee is gettin better slowly..tho im yet limping

Pavi!!!! said...

@meira: same pinch ;)

@satish: i have a way of making sure everyone knows my b'day...n i DO NOT list my b'day on orkut or FB!