Thursday, August 06, 2009

Celebrating Srishti and Sibling love!

This post has been on my mind for several days. I’m not sure why xactly I didn’t write it down..i didn’t know how to start, I didn’t know how to end, I didn’t know what to write in between.. All I knew that I was happy…very happy that my sister had a baby girl on the 17th of July. The baby girl we waited for so desperately.

When I knew she was expecting a baby..I declared how happy I was that now I will have to write letters to 2 li'l angels. I told her that I secretly hoped it would be a girl so I can buy her all the junk jewellery! N then we waited until D-day with baited` breath.

I also knew that I was very upset over not being able to be there physically, to celebrate the joy with them. To not be able to hold the bundle of joy “carefully”. To not look into her eyes n wonder what she’s thinking, to not wait for the time when she would open her eyes n look at me n thereafter declare that she approves of me n adores me n so is why she looked at me, to not get upset about the fact that she doesn’t jump with glee when I return from work…
All of this I did with her 1st child..Rishab, 31/2 yrs back.

I remember calling Rishab my li’l angel…n boy has he proved me wrong! One tiny brat he is..mite as well have christened “Trouble”.The boy is so naughty n uber cute n hes being a very loving brother (so far). Touchwood!

Srishti G Chari feels like a li’l angel too. N I secretly hope that she proves me wrong as well [tho my sister will kill me for this]

I hear from everyone that she is a very good girl. Doesn’t cry much. Sleeps for most of the day.

N the li’l darling..i think she forgives me for not being able to be with her physically. Tho she slept for the initial few mins..she did slowly open her eyes and stare at me on the webcam. She even yawned her baby-yawn for me. She does approve of me n love me! Boy! Did she make my day or what!

N while I hurt ‘coz all of family n friends collected in my house to celebrate the birth of Srishti ..it took a 3 1/2 yr old to make me feel better . This is how the conversation went :

Me : Hi rishu! How are u?

R:Fine chitti. Ni eppdi irrika?chittappa eppadi irrika?(How are you n uncle?)

Me; Fine kanna. Papa eppadi irrika?(how is the baby?)

R: Cute chitti. Aana kan tharakve matandra. Amma’v kuda avlo pakamatandra. En kuda veliyadmatandra. Thungide irika (she is cute. But she doesn’t open her eyes. Not even to see mom.She doesn’t play with me. She just keeps sleeping)

N so I told myself…I shldnt feel too bad abt not being there now. After all she wouldn’t even know that I visited her. Hopefully I can see her in a year, when she would have b’com Trouble2 n will have everyone on their toes.

Rite now shez just a bubble of joy. Completing my sister’s family. N so far Rishab is being a wonderful brother. He wants to take care of his li’l sister. Hug his sister. Play with her. Teach her rhymes.n was thrilled to have her tie rakhi for him

Therz a picture of them sitting on the swing in our balcony. She is on Rishab’s lap n he is holding onto her tightly. Shez looking up into his eyes..n he down at her. Both of them so oblivious of the fact that there is a camera trying to capture the moment. Both of them so in awe of each other. :)
[Before u get worried, there is a pair of adult’s hands holding onto Srishti..but that I’m hoping, can be chopped off from the picture]

So while Srishti is a cutie-pie herself..i’m sure a lot of her life will shape up the way it does ‘coz of her brother. I hope they both love each other endlessly..just like how my sis n I did. For a very long time I didn’t care for an identity separate from my sister’s. I loved(n yet do) being known as her li’l sister , n without even trying, in that manner, my own identity came into being.

Cheers to Srishti G chari n another era of sibling love!

Bless the 2 babies..will u all please?

16 comments:

rayshma said...

aww... congrats, gurl! when do you meet the li'l one now?
here's wishing them LOTS of luck & love... and hoping they grow up to be smart, naughty individuals! :)

Ranjani said...

Aww that is so sweet:) And I had no idea that you were Tamil..same pinch!Hope you get to see the kids soon, it's always so much fun when there are little kids in the family, makes the whole atmosphere light, god bless!

broca's area said...

:)..sure!!...

Shachi said...

Congratulations :) and my blessings to both of them :)

I love the name....it has a profound meaning.

You are right - visit her when she grows up a little bit so that its more fun and she can remember it too :)

--xh-- said...

wow.. congratz to ur sis :)

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Congratulations!

Meira said...

heartiest congratulations :)
I have a nephew and a niece too, and the brat is a favorite. he's 10 and still insists on calling Maasi his bestest friend:D
Bless your two angels :)

Vrijilesh Rai said...

Wow.. thats such a great post! Best wishes to the young ones and the elder ones!

Kiran said...

Just the kind of post to brighten up my day .. especially since it is one about sibling love!

Thanks Pavi!

Jack said...

Pavi,

Congratulations. May God bless her with all the happiness in the world. I can well relate to Rishab as our grandson is almost 3 and keeps all of us on toes. May God be kind to little ones.

Take care

Arunima said...

I love baby girls because of the cute little dresses that you indulge on.

aMus said...

i know how you must have felt...it was terrible when my sis delivered in the us and i had to wait for almost a year to see my nephew...

here's wishing them lots of love and togetherness in their lives

Lena said...

thats such a sweet post. God bless 2 little angels and their parents :)
And its a pleasure to be an aunt, isnt it? :)

Ankur said...

wow... congrats Pavi... so so cool!!
and wish the babies healthy and long life... God Bless them both!! :)

Cheers!!!
Ankur

Pavi!!!! said...

@ All: Thank you so much!

@Arunima : I KNOW!!!!!

celestialrays said...

Cho chweet :)
God bless both the 'kutti papas' :)