Friday, January 25, 2008

An Email to a Friend

I was clearing up my inbox and I found this mail that I wrote to a hi-bye (not v.close) friend on the 6th of Apr 2007. There is really nothing special about it. It just captures how I felt at a point of time..

n when I read it I was glad to realize...things haven't changed much -

- Life is as unsettling and a puzzle as it was ( I have changed 4 projects & 3 states since last April)
- My aspirations n dreams are the same, (i yet think S/w engineers are boring)
- I miss home a loooot n cry at times, but am yet managing fine
- Bangalore is dearer than ever
- I'm yet desperatley in search of food for my brain (in the process reaching out to ppl who are only accquaintances)

Some of you maybe thinking I should have made some progress..but well, a year is a short time.... Here is the mail

--------------------------- ************************------------------------------

A pleasure to mail U..

Well...I've been good n Life's been fun. Work is pretty hectic.My client is at NJ.So on monday mornings i fly here and Thurs evening i flyback home which is Montpelier,Vermont.Friday is wrk frm home. n Mon-Wednes I end up working frm 8:30 am to 8:30 pm!Of course its tiring, specially with my Thurs evening flites getting cancelled and me having to run from one airport to another in this cold weather..But I'm pretty much gettin to have the cake n eat it too..i.e. I get to keep my career goin n at the same time be with my hubby in the US of A..so no complaints.Would be unfair if i ask God for more u see!

Works a new profile..so thers plenty of the learning xcercise happenin..but ya i do miss wat i was doing earlier in terms of work as a profile.I loving talking..abt whatever it maybe...n wit my current profile..I'm not reqd to talk much..its pretty much "sit at ur desk n break urhead over it " kinda job!Lets see wat the future holds.So oracle since July..Thats cool.What's ur work profile ther?R u a Boring Software Engineer too?oh ya..i think S/w engineers have a borin job...I'd rather do sumthin like be a journalist..mabbe on Discovery/CNN or be a RJ on a radio show or teach li'l kids rhymes or teach the wrld abt keeping the environment clean.Actually i'd like to do all of this for a short while and then get into whats been till date my dream profession-a pshyciarist,counsellor..well sumthin on those lines!But theres the evil called Money!

Other than work howz life coming along?Hows gautam(hope i got the name rite) doing?U can do a lot of fun stuff in Blr.Actually one can have fun in any place..its all abt the company!n Chennai is soooo close.u can pretty much trvl every alternate wknd.

U sayin Blr mite get hotter than Hyd.phewwwww..that would indeed be a disaster!wats happng to my DEAR DEAR Blr :-(((

Honestly I've been handling the homesick bit pretty well..At the risk of blowin my own trumpet..for sum1 whos been at home,eatin mom's food,same surroundings,neignbours n friends n stores for 24.7 long long years..I would say i got adjusted to the life style here pretty fast.I've cried missin mom n sis abt 3 times..when n after i talk to 'em.Touchwood!i hope i continue to be strong. I guess the more challenges we face in Life, the stronger we b'come.

oh Boy! Thats one long mail...probably the 1st time i'm writing such a long mail to sum1 I know just as much as we know each other. well..as i said its a pleasure writing to u.Bring on an intresting topic to discuss/argue about when u find the time..I need Food for my Brain u see:-)Have fun until the nxt time

Smiles
Pavi

--------------------------- ************************------------------------------

3 comments:

Solitaire said...

Nice to know that people still write emails like that to each other.

Cosmic Joy said...

If this is the kind of email you write to a hi-bye friend, do your real close friends get a big zipped text file??? :)

Jokes apart, that was a very nice and personal post. Thanks for sharing.

The only one comment I would have is that any job after a while will get mundane and boring .. what we need as you mentioned is to fill our lives with variety .. brain food, activities, friends and fun .. and never let the excitement go out from our lives.

Pavi!!!! said...

@solitare - I love writing long mails and receiving long mails. AS a matter of fact if only i shed a few lazy bones, I would actually prefer to write out letters..using pen n paper..the only one who gets a hand-written letter from me is my sister's 2 yr old son....for the rest its long emails.

@cosmic Joyhaha...ur close to correct my email to good frends, mom n sis are pretty much never-ending.
n i agree with ur comment...any job gets mundane and boring.