Thursday, January 17, 2008

Orkut Vs FaceBook !!

I’m sure most people reading this are a member on both these sites….n probably many more like MySpace, Hi Fi, Gazzag ( or sumthing like that!) etc etc etc……

Personally for me….Orkut was the 1st of its kind..I know MySpace existed years before Google created Orkut….but for me…the 1st group I was a member of was Orkut. And initially Orkut had me addicted to it!...Probably even now I am addicted to it…But no more do I go about into unknown / distantly known people’s profiles..read their scraps/ see their photos, keep searching for communities etc…

Coz I got a zillion FaceBook requests, I succumbed to the pressure and became a member. Frankly..I struggle to keep my account alive! I donno how to use that site…and I feel it has a zillion good-for-nothing applications.. poke, n hug n gift n who are u like n this n that n there n here n….well u get the drift! N everytime I choose to use my free time to understand that site and how to use it…I get more confused! I know its just me…not the site’s fault!

Orkut got me back in touch with many many old time friends who I had lost touch with….and it feels good to wish old friends on New Years, Diwali or their Happy B’days ! Its good Orkut has brought about these new privacy settings. People can no more pry into your conversations…But its sad that orkut had to give in and copy FaceBook on giving updates on what all my Friends are doing! Orkut is a medium of keeping in touch for me…and yes playing word games that interest me…. Its not for making new friends or keeping myself updated about every1’s lives or adding weirdo applications!!

I plan to slowly but definitely stop using FaceBook completely!

PS : No offences given or taken!

4 comments:

Solitaire said...

Welcome back to blogosphere!!
And I second your opinion, wholeheartedly. Orkut rocks!

Pavi!!!! said...

Thanks Sneha!

n we are yet tryin to catch each other online...Sigh!:(

The Keeper of the Keys said...

lol!!
wat a freaky coincidence...there i was proudly deleting my orkut and vowing undying allegiance to facebook...
i like facebook.

so orkut's got privacy features now?

Pavi!!!! said...

@lostweasley - yupppy, orkut has got privacy features now. Come back to orkut :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog.