Thursday, October 02, 2008

New Beginning…

On Sep 30th I sent this email to countless folks at work, Friends and Acquaintances I’ve acquired in the last 5 years…

Hello

One’s first job is like love at first sight. Irrespective of the flaws, the downs in the journey, it is and it will always be close to your heart.

Accenture is my first job and I have had the best and best times in these 4.10 years. It has been a wonderful platform for learning the trade when I joined as a novice Junior Software Engineer. During my tenure here, I have seen working culture in both East and West namely IDC (BDC and HDC) and USDC. Today, I am a successful career woman and my thanks go to Accenture and the various well-wishers, colleagues with whom I worked with throughout.

Hence as I move towards new pastures I take this opportunity to thank each and everyone one of you for making me what I am in my career today. I wish you a warm farewell and wish all your dreams and achievements fair-well!
It is a small world and I hope to bump into you someplace someday. Do keep in touch. My personal email-id is . “


Yes…I’ve Quit. N like mentioned in the email among many other reasons it hurts ‘coz Accenture is my first job and I’ve been there for close to 5 years. A Really long time. Needless to say, am emotionally attached to the place. I loved my work and colleagues and they in turn adored me and respected me and trusted me! Though the travel was hard , the occasional work-from-home was a treat…

The reason I had to quit is a long story and I don’t want to explain it here…but bottom-line is I didn’t have much of a choice. I had to leave.

For 3 full days now, I’m Jobless, n am lovin it…am enjoyin lazy days. On the 6th of Oct, I start work with my new company and have fingers crossed for everything to go allrite…

I’m nervous about the new job in terms of getting the work I’ve been hired to do, getting along well with my new colleagues, having a good relationship with my manager, no work-from-homes, no time to get online or surf the net during the day and working in the same office as my husband! Yeah! A couple of big changes….

But well, it all does happen for the Best… so here I am waiting for a new beginning….Wish me luck u all…

18 comments:

Vinz said...

new work place..new people...new fun..life is all about such kind of changes..!!

:)

Karthik S said...

Hi Pavi,

Wish you a great success in your new endeavour. Though it hurts a lot leaving a place which is close to our heart, it will be great to know new people, new things and facing new challenges. Wish u all the best!!!

Cheers :-)

Che said...

Well congratulations on the new change. Change is good. most of the times atleast! I quit my job few months back to take up aa job in a totally different field altogether. It was a huge risk but I am enjoying it :).

Accenture is a good firm, i have a dear friend working there. Hope you new job is also equally good.

harish said...

That was a well written and sincere mail...

I can imagine how it feels...to leave all that is comfortable and so "used to" and go join another company...Good Luck, Shorts...

(PS: First Job? Ahem!! I really don't like the way you completely overlook the work place where we met!)

broca's area said...

its like going to a new school no??....all the best..:)

rayshma said...

all the very best, pavi! :)
hope it all works out for the best for u.

Preethi said...

good luck with the new job.. for the record I quit my previous job after 5 years too.. because I had to.. and now am thinking of going back there.. because of my love for the place.. no place is perfect but you form some ties and affections for a long term company right? (it was not my first job though)

Cosmic Joy said...

Wishing you the very best!! And hope things are going well with you :)

P said...

Wish you all the best for the new job and yeah for working in the same office as your hubby!

ceedy said...

Cool...best of luck!

Rho Tau GWIS said...

All the best Pavi!!
I hope you will love this new job just as much as the first one.

Ankur said...

hope u will have fun at the new place... all the best!! :)

Cheers!!

Solitaire said...

Hi Temporary Housewife!! :)

I am sure you will do well. Nevertheless best of luck!!!

aMus said...

so how was the first day at work?...

enjoy the change...

Pri said...

a lil late for this one..but neverthless all the best with the new job :)

im sure ul'l be at home in no time....

take care!
and i hope u get just enough time and space to sneak a lil peek into blogsville from work too ;)

Anil P said...

Good luck to you. All new beginnings are promising.

Pavi!!!! said...

@All: Thanks for the Wishes...

@Harish: CVG was alwez a fun place..and never a work place in my view!

@Cosmic: I'm good.. Where have u been??n how have u been?

@sol: ya..housewifey no more :(

Satish Bolla said...

wow, congrats. i hope ur new job is as interesting as ur expectations