Sunday, June 01, 2008

Devils as Friends

Now most of my dear friends are devils! They really are! They love embarrassing me, teasing me, plotting against me. It brings them so much of joy, that I let them entertain ‘emselves. There are 2 friends in particular. One from School. One from College. Who this post is about.

She n I studied in the same school since KG. She‘ll forget my B’day. Her B’day is almost exactly a month after mine n there have been years when the lights begin to blink only after I wish her for her B’day! She’ll just not keep in touch! At times it’ll feel like she just doesn’t care. We both have had major arguments. Been without talking to each other for months together.
But she’ll make up in a grand manner. Her cards to me are mostly hand-made. Her Sorry cards are sooo from the bottom-of-her-heart. The card she gave me before my weddin was so beautiful with a collage of both our pics from the childhood days and wonderful words. (This gurl has her way with words). I was the first friend to talk to her then To-Be fiancée. N i couldn’t u’stand why! I didn’t know she had so much regard for me! She had told him that she had had wonderful childhood days with me! Crazzzy Gurl, she never did tell it to me that way!

He n I met in college. Typical Hindi movie style we had a zillion real bad fights before we grew to b’com such thick friends! He has made me cry so much! n then got angry that I cried and didn’t make the effort to make me feel better. He would call me a day after my B’day! He would refuse to let me ride with him on his bike at times. He would tell me how much he hates Bangalore!
But he was the one who would make me laugh so much as well. I could (n can) tell him absolutely anything under this planet. He would be so caring n protective at times, that it would surprise me. He would send me these sweet sorry mails and the grammar in his mails would be all messed up making me laugh n forget my anger! He has a special nick for me which he uses once in a while. He knew I loved cards n so gave me 2-3 of ‘em at one time. His reaction to the news of my Marriage was so …hmm I can’t find the right word…but he was happy for me n scared we wouldn’t be as good friends that we were. (Touchwood! We yet have what we had!) His gf complained to me that he had been cryin so much when I was leaving Blr. He visited me here in the US!

I so often make a strong resolve not to talk to these 2 people ‘coz of how much they hurt me. I’ll be so mad at them for days n weeks n months. But I can never quite keep the resolve. They woo me back into friendship in great style that I find it so hard to resist. I find it hard to imagine life without them! Well some relationships are worth the pain ‘coz of the joy they bring to Life. Hope the friendships last forever!

Similarities between these 2 are that they are both Gemini, they are over-confident about our friendship n both are getting married in Dec this year (To different people)!!!!
I’m sooooooooo xcited n happy for them! Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to either of their weddings but all of my thoughts this Dec will be with them, I’m hoping to spend some good time and share grand hugs with them when I goto India.

21 comments:

Solitaire said...

Blessed are those who have such wonderful friends. Arguments or not, keep them close to your heart. Such priceless friends are so far, few, and rare. Yeah give up your resolve to not keep in touch with those that hurt you when it comes to these gems. With the fake ones, stick to it!

cm chap said...

u made me nostalgic :-) I guess we must catchup sometime..seems to me that we hv similar friends...

Some of the traits of my so called best friend are:

Nvr turned up at the agreed time (But always pacified me when I reached my limits)
Nvr told me evn once I mean a lot to her (Till date...)
All the time ditches me n Public (Only when my reactions shows real angryness, she pacifies me)

Ankur said...

u r truly blessed as Solitaire said!!! :)

and dont ever give up... those are ur best frnds who say things to u upfront!!!

and make it to their wedding, u will be more happy!!! :)

Long live ur friendship!
Amen!

Cheers!!!

Keshi said...

Great to hv mates like that.

I like my friends to be upfront too but not hurtful. There's a slight difference there. Hurting after hearing the truth is bearable. But the 'unheard' truth is unbearable.


Keshi.

Ramya Ramadurai said...

how sweet! make sure they read this so they know exactly what you think of them. :)

Vrijilesh Rai said...

Thats the beauty of good friends.. even after forgetting birthdays.. one 'Haila.. I'm sorry' and thats it.. back to being normal.. friends are the elixir of life!

aneri_masi said...

they hurt you? how? they seem very sweet. gussa nahi karte aise unpe.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You have some gr8 friends....me and my friend Y I write about on my blog are almost like this..I mean..we were sworn enemies..and before we knew it... we became best of friends... We have even beat the shit out of each other..he's taller..so he won most of the times.. but i never realised when we became friends...:-)...

cheerz..nioce post...

Pavi!!!! said...

@sol : i know I am blessed to have 'em in my life!

@Cm-chap: why wait??lets catch up now!!! BTW wats ur definition of catch up:)?
yeah..i guess thts the speciality of best frends:)

@ankur : i agree im blessed! But i cant make it to their wedding. but i ll be seein 'em soon anywez n we ll chew each other's brains off!hehe

Pavi!!!! said...

@Keshi: i agree therz a difference btw hurtful n upfront...but i know for 'em too long...so cant help forgiving when they hurt.

@Gladriel: nehi. i wont show this to 'em. As it is , they know how much they mean to me. if they see this post , they'll trouble me more ;-)

@vrij: Agreed:)

Pavi!!!! said...

@Aneri: welcome back.its been a while! n ur comment is confusing me...my post tries to say tht , yes i get angry wit em..but i cant help being friends forever wit 'em.

@Samby:yeah, it happens gradually n before u know it, some ppl bcom such an essential part of ur life!:)

Karthik S said...

Good one pavi. Having friends like them is like having greatest treasure....

Neetal said...

you are very lucky to have such good friends... I would say i have two of those types too... one is a fellow virgo and other i leo... they are my bestest girlfriends ever :)

i think after reading your post... i might call them up :)

ishqia said...

great post..

nice friends..

i think u fight alot

Rho Tau GWIS said...

Awww..so sweet! You are lucky :)

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

its sooo nice to have frends like those!!
u are blessed! so am i ;)

Kiran said...

Really good post - senti to the core - reminds me of the quarrels I often have with my friends - but in the end they are such precious gems that "who cares about the quarrels??"

And hey - all these little tidbits go a long way in cementing the bond of friendship - dont they? As the saying goes - "Friendship is not a big thing - Its a million little things"

Thanks for reminding us about the value of friends through this wonderful post. Cheers!

ceedy said...

Awesome....its a wonderful feeling to have such friends...

I have two - back home - call them almost every two weeks...and have been in touch ever since I am here...and when back home I have to spend almost equal amount of time with them as my parents :P

Dont even think much about such friendships...let them takea natural course...it the best way...

good post to read after a short break

Pavi!!!! said...

@kartik: yes they are a treasure!Hard to find:)

@Neeku: Call kiya??

@Ishiqa: Thanks. n can u pls xplain how u came to the conclusion that i fight a lot?

@CG: yuppy:)

Pavi!!!! said...

@Gunj: yeah..its our friends who make us laugh n cry!

@Kiran:Welcome to my place. n glad u liked readin it.
yes its little drops of water that make an ocean...each small moment adds to the beautiful bond we have built.

@Ceedy:glad u liked it.
n ur parents nor friends din't complain that u didn't have enuf time for them? I see this coming for me :|

ceedy said...

It is tough...this whole thing away from home...

but one has to find the balance somehow...I guess.....