Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hide n Seek

Part of the ‘Crazzzy Times” series.

In my college we had many guys who had come from different parts of India and not local-ites… ‘coz of that there were 3 bachelor houses – Nam’s place , Vek’s place(my 1st home during college days!) and Tavrakare home. All of us would gang up at one of these places for lunch or on holidays or random afternoons when there was no class. Those were such fun times…n the cooks in each of these guys’ places were AWESOME! So yummy food was guaranteed.

On one such holiday we all ganged up at Nam’s place. I can’t recollect for lunch or after lunch. N then having nothing to do…we decided we’ll play hide-n-seek. The people on scene were: Tarun, Nam, Pankaj, Harry, Varsha, Sowm, Div and Yours Truly! (Not too sure if I’m missing out any1). A few argument and finally we decided on who has to Seek. The game was fun and so was the day… The particular incidents which make this day so memorable are :

This one time when Pankaj was trying to push me onto the attic…He lifted me up and kept pushing me. It was real filthy up there (Attics generally are and imagine an Attic at a Bachelor’s place!). I was like “Pankaj pls leave me..i cant go up ther…Stop pushing me up. Drop me down.” But in vain! I kicked him hard and he let me free…by then I didn’t have much time to find a good hiding spot and so I jumped onto the bed and pulled the blanket over me! N Hahahahaha..i could not be spotted! Being small does pay off!

Tarun had to seek n we all locked ourselves up in 1 room. He knew we were in there and kept knocking on the door. Bu we refused to open it..n were inside dancing to some music ;-)

N then the best part..we hid in the cupboard... 3 of us- Sowm, Harry n me! Nam had to find us and after about 2-3 turns he gave up n stared whining.. “I’m tired, I cant find ‘em. Not fair!Boo hoo!" Haha…Thinking of it makes me Laugh Out Loud!

N after all the masti we got into some crazzzy pillow fights! Pankaj beat Div so bad, he left a mark on her hand.It was black for a week!

N then we started water fight. Throwing water all over the place. Varsha emptied the dustbin, filled water in it and started throwing it over every1! Ewwwwwwww

Those days will never be back! Thank God for memories!

PS: I will upload the pic of us hiding in the cupboard once I’ve figured out how to!

17 comments:

Lena said...

that were the days :D
sounds like a lot of fun, it is always great to have such memories as they keep us going and remind that life is fun!!

Karthik S said...

Its just reminding me of my college days.... You people had so much fun and thanks for ur memory and ur writing skills... you were almost successful in capturing that in words.

PS: We too did pillow fights :-)

Cheers

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

lol...dat sounds so much fun!!
how i wish i had so many frenz..around at d same time...so dat we too cud hav sme fun!!

Anonymous said...

Give her a tight huggie n say u'll miss her... it'll make her sad..but will make her happy too

Anonymous said...

shit that comment was nt for this blog....:(

i had fun reading ur adventures..n i still cant beleive after u hid below a blanket they did not manage to spot u....wah wah

--xh-- said...

wow, that was major fun.. playing hide nad seek and pillow fights and water fights he he he...
do upload the foto..
(if u need any help in uploding them, drop a mail)

--xh-- said...

wow, that was major fun.. playing hide nad seek and pillow fights and water fights he he he...
do upload the foto..
(if u need any help in uploding them, drop a mail)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have started a blog namely Chef Friday Brunch to challenge the creative musings within to come up with a piece of writing on a theme of the week that would change every Friday. You can write up a post which can be a story, poem, prose based on the theme or the prompt on your blog if you find the theme interesting and drop a comment on my blog providing the link to your post. I would collate the links at the end of week and post it on my blog. Please do spread the word around if you find it interesting.

Thanks

Chef

Anonymous said...

Hi Pavi!!!!
Memories are precious, aren't they?
And giving a thought to the past could make us laugh or cry.

ceedy said...

haha

yeah it is all fun and when you love to play pranks memories are all the more interesting for us and agonizing for others :)

did you happen to find some loose change in the cupboard?

left you a long comment for the the legal q's you asked on my blog...cool made me laugh for the day

Solitaire said...

Wow..Awesome college days..Seems centuries in the past now.

Solitaire said...

@ Samby, were those hugs for me?

Ekta said...

hahaha..sounds soooo much fun!!!!
i want to now play hide and seek too!

Keshi said...

FUN FUN :)

keshi.

Pavi!!!! said...

@lena: Yeah,those were the days indeed!

@kartik: I donno abt writing skills but i am very thankful for my memory and the will to put these things down! Thnx for the compliment :)

@Gunj : It was too much fun n there are a zillion such memories..I'm gonna try blog them all of the uncensored ones!

@Samby : u will blv once u saw me in person. I'm pretty small, friends often joke abt how i shldn't waste money on plane tkts n instead get packed in as the luggage!

@XH: Photo uploaded! Took sum1's advise abt using google and self-learning seriously.Ain't i a quick learner;-)

@Chef : will visit u soon.

Pavi!!!! said...

@Zunnur: Thanks for visiting. n yes memories are v.precious..making us laugh , cry and relive the past!

@Ceedy : LOL! yeah the pranks made it so much fun!i'll blog abt some pranks tht were played on me..but mite have to cesnor some stuff..thts the prob!
loose change..ur kiddin me..2 of the guys in that house were maadoos ;-) maha stingy! They wld beg, borrow, steal from us!

PS: No offence pls..all in good humor!

Pavi!!!! said...

@ceedy...yeah..will visit ur blog for the response.
n did this post make u laugh or my comment rgdg my dukh bhari passport kahani on ur post? Eitherways im glad i made u laugh :)

@Sol : yeah..sumtimes it feels like all of it hppnd in the previous birth and at other times it feels like it all hppnd just yester!

@Ekta : Find some loony ppl..if i stayed some place close to u..we cld hv planned for a Hide-n-seek nite right away!

@Keshi : Fun indeed!:)