Friday, April 04, 2008

Visit to the Cup Vision Lady

This is the 1st of my blog series of “Those Crazzy Times” . This week I’ve been catching up with loads of friends and we have been talking so much about the ol’ times and the gone-by days. So I’m super nostalgic n decided to blog abt the fun times! Here goes the story about The Cup Vision Lady:

September 2004

So Div (my dearest friend) n I were at work. These were the times in life when every li’l thing seemed like it was the end of the world and both of us were confused n worried about certain things in or life! One of our friends told us about this Cup Vision Lady(Ms Nawalghani) and how she was “so right” when she predicted the future. We call Ms Nawalghani and ask when we can come, how much she charges, where she is at etc etc. She was quite expensive, I think 700 Rs for one session per person. But we had started earning now..so it would be allright. N she said we must go that afternoon ‘coz she would be out of Bangalore for a month after that.That did it. We decided we must visit her.

Both of us tell our manager that we are sick and took half day off work.We took an auto to reach her place in shivajinagar from Dairy Circle. The stairway to her place was so narrow. We were a bundle of nerves, I remember. We knock on her door and there was this lady with reallly long frizzy brown hair, left open. She was tall and kinda huge, the magician types..if u know wat im talking about (Wish I had clicked pictures, but we din’t have a camera back then). She called her maid to attend to us. The maid made us sit in this roof garden kinda place. It looked so old n rusted. The maid told us she ll be right back. We had 2 mins to talk n both of us were freaked out by how Ms. Nawalghani looked!

The maid comes back n she gives us this coffee cup with black coffee in it. N asked us to drink most of it and leave behind a little. We were like…. OMG! We have to drink sumthing,wat if its poisoned or had sumthing to drug us?! We hadn’t even told our parents we were coming here. No one but the 2 of us knew where we were at.We hadn't said our last good-byes!We were contemplating walking away. But the “miseries of life and desire to know the future” got the better of us and we stayed back.

Now I really don’t like black coffee so with lot of difficulty I gulped it down. It tasted bad! Div din’t mind the taste at all. The maid came n took away our cups and then we sat waiting by ourselves for several minutes.mabbe 15 mins. n then we were called in one-by-one. Both of us wanted to go in together n din’t mind each other’s presence n so we did.

Ms Nawalghani asked us to look into our cups n think of the Qs we wanted to ask her. We did n then she started with my cup. It was weird..they way she kept looking into the cup deep like she was studying something and answering my Qs in exactly the same order that I had thought of them in my head! N some of what she said has actually come true. For Eg, she told me I’ll marry a guy whoz in Canada and Vinod is in Vermont, 2 hrs drive from Canada!

Even Div had the same kind of experience with her.

We are not sure if we blv her or not. But it was fun ‘coz both of us din’t take it too seriously n believed in what we wanted to believe in. It was fun n till date we laugh about it.

After that we both met up with S n vek (our friends) n had an awesome night out :). Oh those crazzzy times... how much I miss ‘em!

PS: I yet have Nawalghani’s business card if any of u want her number !!!

30 comments:

rayshma said...

this piece made me so nostalgic, pavi... really! :)
friends are what i miss the most since coming here!

Neetal said...

hey Pavi... do you still have her number... could you email it to me plz.

ceedy said...

wow....she missed it only by a couple of hundred miles....

yeah these times a memorable and remembering them is awesome....

I sometimes meet people randomly here in the US - the last person I met was after 16 years and it felt like just yesterday when we started to talk....

I am still close friends with three guys I went to junior KG with :)

Anonymous said...

Ma'am my feedback to you is to stop writing please.

Please stop begging people to read your blogs. They kind of find it tortorus and they have told me that.

Stop all the melodrama and get out of blogsphre.

I'm the only person being honest with you.You want honest feedback and you get it. Now get out.

Rho Tau GWIS said...

LOL Pavi!
**N some of what she said has actually come true. For Eg, she told me I’ll marry a guy whoz in Canada and Vinod is in Vermont, 2 hrs drive from Canada!**

It depends on which parts of Vermont and Canada you are comparing...LOL!! You are too cute :)

But, I know what you mean...some friendships are made to last forever no matter what.

Cheers!

Rho Tau GWIS said...

And seriously Pavi, start moderating your comments!!

Solitaire said...

What other things did she tell you?

Pavi!!!! said...

@Rayshma : I so know wat ur saying!

@neeku : ur email id?

@Ceedy: lol at she missed it only by a cpl of 100 times! All men are agnst such stuff huh?hahaha

yup...im in touch with quite a few school friends who i've actually grown up with!

@CG..haha..i was comparing Montpelier to Montreal..have driven it, blv me ..haha!

@Anonymous.. thnks but no thanks for ur feedback.But r u such a big coward that u wont reveal ur identity?

Pavi!!!! said...

@Solitaire : I'll tell u those things offline..n mabbe the things she told Div as well.I can't publish it here. Really!

P said...

ha ha reminds me of Prof. Trelawney, the psychic teacher from Harry Potter series. She made Harry and Ron read each other's future from a cup or saucer or something like that. Didn't know people do that in real life :D

Anonymous said...

wow that was close... just sum odd miles apart.. well i dnt believe much in astrology but dnt dismiss it either..i listen to it on tv or read in the paper..and believe the good things..and the bad things..."yaar yeh to bakvaas hai"... hehehehe

cheerz

rayshma said...

heyy... u motivated me to start a diff blog to write abt my meanderings with my frenz!
i'm keeping it private - by invite only... leave me ur id in a comment if you'd like to read. :)
i shall not publish the comment! :D

rayshma said...

umm... was going thru the comments here... i think u need to start moderating ur comments too :)
it's not as time consuming as it sounds, trust me! :)

Anonymous said...

Can I courier my cofee cup to her ;)

U see i dont mind as long as I don have to face her :O

Chakoli said...

:-)))))

Wow.....thats good....:-))

I have very keen in astrology an dpeople who cud tell ur fortune..its actually fun...people belive it or nt...but fr me its fun:_)))

Ankur said...

heheh, wat all she didnt tell u, and wat all was wrongly stated, i m more interested in tat as of now... so lemme know.

Also, i wud luv to meet her as its always a desire of mine to meet people with ET powers
:D

Cheers!!!

Pavi!!!! said...

@ P..oh well..guess they do..even i was stumped when i head about it.

@Samby : Ditto.I think thats theway to be..not let it bother u and just believe the things that favor u.

@Raysh..yayee...Thats hsould be fun!will hope over to ur blog rite away:) ..

@Chakoli..me thinks the same!

@Ankur... ET Powers???

Ankur said...

ET... jaadu... kuch yaad aya...

Extra terrestrial yaar!!!

:D
:P

Pavi!!!! said...

@Ankur...i know what is ET!! but I'm not sure how her future-prediction powers is same as ET powers.... Anywez..

Mush said...

OMG !! You two are really crazy. When was this :-o .. Thank God nothing 'bad' happened. By the way ,, I would love to knw what was "predicted" abt u n div.. mail or we'll catch up on chat :) .. Miss ya ll and those days :(

Anonymous said...

Hehe, this one is sure funny. I had heard of tea-leaves reading before. Although this kind of stuff intrigued me a lot, I have always been sort of paranoid to actually go visit them fortune-tellers. But wow! You certainly had an experience there!

Keshi said...

Very cool mate u've got Pavi!!!

Keshi.

Cinderella said...

Ah girl...you make me all nostalgic all over again !!

Great post...

kyamaloom said...

Aawww!! Close tha. :)

Karthik S said...

Great post :-)

Cheers !!!

Preeti Shenoy said...

OMG--what a weird crazy expereince!I surely will not ask Mrs.Nawalghani ANY THING for sure!!

Pavi!!!! said...

@Mush..haha..yeah!n i can tell u my share of the stories.U contact Div for hers!

@Sunshine : I hear stories about so many diff types of fortune telling and find 'em all fascinating!I want to try tarot-card reading sumtime.

@Keshi.. u bet:)

@Cindrella :) Thanks

@Sutta & Karthik : Thanks for visiting

@PS : hahaha i wonder why not ;-)

Mez said...

Where is my repl? *sobs*

Pavi!!!! said...

@ mez.. Sorrrie!i really thot i had replied!

i wanted to ask u, why u don't want to face her?See now thati've set ur xpectations it wont be all that bad ;-) hai na?

Mez said...

You have scared me enuf than motivated me ;)